- Can an individiual or an organisation obtain an EORI code if it does not belong to a Member State of the European Union?
Of course, an individual or an organisation can obtain an EORI code if it does not belong to a Member State of the European Union.
- Can I get an EORI code if I am a minor?
No, only persons who have reached the age of 18 can request an EORI code.
- How do I know if I already have an EORI code?
To check if you already have an EORI code, go to the European Union website (https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/eos/eori_validation.jsp?Lang=en), enter the EORI code (RO + CUI or RO + CNP) and click on the “Validate” button.
- I received the EORI code, I entered it on the website https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/eos/eori_validation.jsp?Lang=en, but it appears to be invalid. How long does it take to become valid on the European Union website?
The European Union website is updated regularly, not in real time. An EORI code will also become valid on the site when it is updated by the European Commission (approximately 1-2 working days).
- How long does it take to get an EORI code?
Obtaining an EORI code takes between 1 and 2 working days, depending on the Customs Office you belong to.
- When do I need to request an EORI code?
Whether you are an individiual or an organisation, it is a good idea to request an EORI code before starting the import / export operations. This way, you make sure that your packages do not get stuck in Customs when they arrive in the country. Especially for commercial companies, our recommendation is that they request an EORI code immediately after the establishment of the company.
- How long is an EORI code valid?
Companies are assigned the EORI code for a period of 10 years. Individuals are assigned the EORI code until the expiration of their identity card. It should be noted that sometimes an EORI code can be assigned for a shorter period of time if the company has a loan / lease agreement for the registered office for a period of less than 10 years.
- I have an SRL-D, can I request an EORI code?
An SRL-D can request an EORI code, stating that the start-up company has not turned 3 years old since registration. If the company has exceeded 3 years from registration, it is obliged to take the necessary steps to change the form of organization from SRL-D to SRL or to opt for another legal form and only then to request the EORI code.
- Can I request an EORI code if my company does not pay VAT?
Of course, the company does not have to be a VAT payer in order to obtain an EORI code.
- The EORI code looks like the VAT code. Does this mean that once the EORI code was obtained, the company also became a VAT payer?
Indeed, the EORI code has the same structure as the VAT code (RO + CUI), but this does not mean that the company has become a VAT payer.
- When and how to pay for EORI code services?
The services for obtaining the EORI code are paid online by card or by bank transfer. After we receive the documents from you and verify them, you will receive the invoice by e-mail to pay.
Payment is not made directly on our site.